WingLights 360 Mag Installation & Use
COMPATIBILITY (BIKES AND E-BIKES):
WingLights 360 Mag are compatible with straight handlebars (flat bars) and handlebars with curvature up to 30°. They were not designed to be compatible with drop bars, bullhorn handlebars and cruiser bars.
COMPATIBILITY (ELECTRIC SCOOTERS):
WingLights 360 Mag are fully compatible with any e-scooter with hollow handlebars. For crescent-shaped handlebars you will need to use an adaptor ( you can check our shop for the WingLights Aluminium Adaptors or WingLights Plastic Adaptors ).
To install WingLights 360 Mag you will have to cut part of your handlebar grips. This is not required if you have grips with open ends or removable caps at the extremity.
If you do not want to modify your original grips we suggest to buy another set of handlebar grips with open ends.
In the case of electric scooters that require a WingLights Adaptor we suggest to buy a grip with a length of 135 or 145mm.
1) Unscrew the light module from the indicator base.
2) Use the Micro-USB cable (included) to charge the WingLights (Red LED on = in charge / Red LED off = device is fully charged).
3) Screw the light module and the base back together.
HOW TO USE:
Tap once to activate/deactivate the turn signals.
Press and hold for 4 seconds to activate/deactivate the side lights (white at the front and red at the back).
(an auto turn-off function has been set to 45 seconds to preserve the battery)
INSTALLATION:ARE YOU USING WINGLIGHTS ADAPTORS ON AN ELECTRIC SCOOTER? IF YES, PLEASE REFER TO THIS GUIDE FOR THE ADAPTORS INSTALLATION FIRST.
Preparing to install:
If your handlebar grips have closed ends:
1) Remove the original grips from the handlebar.
2) Using a cutter, while being extremely careful not to get hurt, create a ~15mm of diameter hole into the end of the grips.
3) Insert the grips back into position.
If your handlebar grips have open ends:
Remove the caps/plugs if there are any.
Installing the WingLights 360 Mag:
1) Separate the magnetic top from the mounter.
2) Take the mounter and slightly tighten the nut in order to compress the rubber ring, then insert it into the handlebar hollows (or into the Adaptor).
Make sure once the mounter is inside the handlebar that there is some friction.
If the fit is too loose, remove the mounter and tighten the nut more. Otherwise, if there is enough friction, tighten the head 3 full rotations to ensure a secure fit.
Adjusting the orientation:
Turn on the WingLight by tapping on the button.
Rotate the light together with its mounter until the LEDs are facing the front and the rear of the vehicle.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide further assistance.
Back to installation page