WingLights e-Scooter Adapter Installation
Winglights Adaptors are compatible with almost any e-scooter with crescent-shaped handlebar. There are slight differences between the aluminium and the plastic version, so we suggest to check the compatibility list at this LINK before purchasing.
If you are still unsure or do not see your electric scooter model in the table, reach out to us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can guide you through a successful purchase.
Winglights Adaptors are neither compatible nor needed with hollow handlebars.
To install WingLights Adaptors you will have to cut part of your handlebar grips. This is not required if you have grips with open ends or removable caps at the extremity.
If you do not want to modify your original grips we suggest to buy another set of handlebar grips with open ends.
For the best result we suggest a grip with a length of 145mm.
If your handlebar grips have clamps or end plugs:
1) Loosen the screws located on the clamps (if applicable) and remove the original grips from the handlebar.
2) Fit the Adaptor into the crescent shaped metal handlebar.
3) Insert the grips back into position and secure the screws of the clamps again (if applicable).
4) If needed, loosen the screws of the brake lever and of the throttle lever and move them closer to the grips, then secure them again.
If your handlebar grips have a closed end:
1) Remove the original grips from the handlebar.
2) Using a cutter, while being extremely careful not to get hurt, create a ~15mm of diameter hole into the end of the grips.
3) Fit the Adaptor into the crescent shaped metal handlebar.
4) Insert the grips back into position.
5) If needed, loosen the screws of the brake lever and of the throttle lever and move them closer to the grips, then secure them again.
Watch the video below for an illustrated Step-by-Step guide:
Send us an email at email@example.com and we will be happy to provide further assistance.
Back to installation page